1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patch #15

Discussion in 'Patch notes' started by Lars, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Lars

Lars Administrator Staff Member

Information
    Thanks to a member of the old DeadZ team, SecretsOThePast, there will be some things implemented in Days after Dead that used to be unique to DeadZ. SecretsOThePast has provided me with a copy of the DeadZ codebase as it was in June of 2014.
    • There are an average of 30 unique players trying out Days after Dead every day.
    • There are over 2000 characters created.
    To everybody who has ever made a video or streamed Days after Dead, you may redeem a unique GC code in your account panel at this link. Your unique code will be your account ID followed by a dash and the last 4 letters of your email. Your account ID can be found at the very bottom of the page after logging in on the account panel. If your account ID is 1000512 and your email is daysisawesome@gmail.com - your GC code will be 1000512-some. Thanks to all of you for promoting Days after Dead.

Giveaway
    There have only been 5 cheating attempts since last week's patch. This is a very low number considering previously there would be 5 or more cheaters getting banned daily. In total, all 71 banned players have gathered over 210,000 game dollars and 9500 zombie cells. One lucky player will receive all of the combined game dollars and zombie cells Friday evening at 8PM GMT+1. The winner will receive 214,441 game dollars and 9720 zombie cells.

Every bullet point below will give you one entry in the giveaway. The more you do, the higher your chance of winning. You can get a total of 4 entry points.
    • Post a review with a minimum of 150 words on our RaGEZONE advertisement thread (link);
    • Upload a video about Days after Dead on YouTube;
    • Promote Days after Dead on any social media;
      Please private message me if you have promoted us anywhere.
    • Stream Days after Dead on Twitch before Friday 6PM GMT+1.
      Please post below or private message me if you have or are going to stream.
    A YouTube video, social media promotion or review must be posted between Monday 8PM GMT+1 and Friday 6PM GMT+1.

General

• Updating the launcher is a lot faster
    • Zombies spawn faster at Ridgeway Airport
    • Zombies no longer drop Halloween Pumpkins
    Fixes
    • Fixed a game crash with lower-end CPUs
    • Fixed a bug where barricades and notes would disappear when the servers restart
    • Fixed a bug where your FPS would drop massively when throwing a flare or shooting a flare gun
    • Fixed a bug where you could put attachments on your weapon that you don't have in your inventory
    • Fixed a bug where an attachment would still be on your weapon when dropping the attachment
    • Fixed spawning in mid-air
    • Fixed a bug where night vision was still on when changing it with a M9 Helmet
    Loot changes
    • The M16 Urban has been added to the loot table
    Added loot in:
    • Car crash site between Boulder City and Camp Splinter
    • Oak Mountain Rest Stop
    • Tunnel from Oak Mountain Rest Stop towards the T-junction near Devils Pass
    • Car crash site at the T-junction near Devils Pass
    A fun little fact, the first ever kill on Days after Dead was by @Muhammedtv shooting a M4 Semi in the police department of Clearview city. It took him 5 shots to kill the player. Muhammed was also the first player to achieve the Megabandit title.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  2. Postie

Postie New Member

Decent patch so far, but when is the global inventory everywhere going to be implemented in to the game?

3. Muhammedtv

Muhammedtv Member

Nice patch. Im just curious if there will be a skilltree in the future? I bet ur alrdy working on a cutom one atm tho :p

4. Lars

When it is ready. There is no ETA but it is a planned feature, it is just difficult to get it working properly the way I want it to.

I was thinking of, temporarily, making the current skills work until the custom skill tree is done. I will most likely make all skills works on Wednesday.

5. BJ on Banana

BJ on Banana New Member

lars can i hug u?

Lars likes this.
  6. Saubär

Saubär New Member

Arowsky likes this.
  7. Arowsky

Arowsky Moderator Staff Member Legend

Great video, just not sure if you should actually call it an 'alpha' emulator :p

8. Detoxical

Detoxical Supporter Staff Member Legend

Great! Nice giveaway, hopefully this will bring more people

9. DraefeN

DraefeN Member Legend

Seems really promising Lars good work :)!

10. Lars

Thank you very much for the video, but you have already been rewarded with a unique GC code. To enter the giveaway, you must post a video between Monday 8PM GMT+1 and Friday 6PM GMT+1.

11. emerys445

emerys445 Member

very promising patch lars hope you keep the alpha feel and dont add odd things like beam sabers lol

12. BJ on Banana

BJ on Banana New Member

shouldnt there be a patch today :D

13. Lars

I'm gonna be making 3-4 patches every week instead of daily. I was just forcing myself to bring out a patch everyday and didn't feel like it had enough content. This does in return mean that all patches are going to be of better quality and also quantity.

14. BJ on Banana

BJ on Banana New Member

alright

15. Saubär

Saubär New Member

Were is this unique GC code?

16. Lars

@Saubär

17. Saubär

Saubär New Member

Hey