1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tournament servers

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Lars, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Lars

Lars Administrator Staff Member

tournament.png

Dear survivors,

We are happy to announce that we are bringing out tournament servers. They are completely separated from normal servers and will not affect normal servers in any way.

Tournament servers are separate servers that only tournament characters can enter. There will be different seasons with different themes, and every season last 2 weeks and 2 days. You will be playing on a smaller version of Colorado, with longer and darker nights. There are more zombies on the map, which deal extra damage and toxicity is a greater threat.

Our goal is to create a competitive and fair environment for everybody. Prizes can be won and every character starts fresh.

The first season will start on Friday 03 February at 8 pm CET.

Extra information
    [​IMG]
    • If you want to use a different character skin on your tournament character, you need to buy a Tournament Box from the marketplace;
    • It is impossible to create, join or apply to a clan on tournament characters;
    • You will be automatically kicked if you leave your character idle on tournament servers;
    • All tournament characters will have the following starting items:
      • Strong Hammer (1x)
      • MiniSaints (2x)
      • Water 375ML (2x)
      • Bandages (3x)

[​IMG]
    All deaths are permanent. If you delete your character, all your stats will be reset and you will have to start over on a new character.

[​IMG]
    There are more zombies all around the map, and almost none of them are sleeping-zombies. They will not drop any money or cells, instead they will immediately add 5 experience to your character; and 25 zombie dollars and 5 zombie cells to your account. Their respawn time is also increased.

There is a rare chance that zombies drop items, depending on what kind of zombies you are killing. If you kill police zombies, there is a chance they may drop ammo or a knife. There are also pharmaceutical and military zombies that may yield items.

[​IMG]
    There are several categories, and each category can have 3 winners. The categories are:
    • Total tournament tickets gathered (high rewards)
    • Longest survival time (medium rewards)
    • Most zombies killed (low rewards)
    What are tournament tickets?
    These are tickets that will spawn all around the map on the final day of the season, they will spawn in large quantities in dangerous places, and low quantities in less-dangerous places.

Safe zones
    You can enter a safe zone, but not access your global inventory. You can use the safe zone to, for example, trade items with other players.

What are the rewards?
    Please open any spoiler below.

High rewards:
    • Place 1:
      • Skinned gun
      • Skinned character
      • Forum rank (Tournament Winner)
      • 500 GC
      • 35000 GD
      • 10000 zombie cells
      • Extremely rare PvP items box

• Place 2:
      • Skinned character
      • 250 GC
      • 20000 GD
      • 6000 zombie cells
      • Very rare PvP items box

• Place 3:
      • Skinned character
      • 100 GC
      • 10000 GD
      • 2500 zombie cells
      • Rare PvP items box

Medium rewards:
    • Place 1:
      • Skinned backpack
      • Forum rank (I Take My Time)
      • 500 GC
      • 35000 GD
      • 10000 zombie cells
      • Rare PvP items box
      • Survival items box

• Place 2:
      • 250 GC
      • 20000 GD
      • 6000 zombie cells
      • Rare PvP items box
      • Survival items box

• Place 3:
      • 100 GC
      • 10000 GD
      • 2500 zombie cells
      • Normal PvP items box
      • Survival items box

Low rewards:
    • Place 1:
      • Skinned melee weapon
      • Forum rank (Killin' It)
      • 500 GC
      • 35000 GD
      • 10000 zombie cells
      • Rare PvE items box
      • Survival items box

• Place 2:
      • 250 GC
      • 20000 GD
      • 6000 zombie cells
      • Rare PvE items box
      • Survival items box

• Place 3:
      • 100 GC
      • 10000 GD
      • 2500 zombie cells
      • Normal PvE items box
      • Survival items box

Potentional questions and answers

How much smaller is Colorado?
    Please open the spoiler below to see an overview of the map.
    dadmap.png

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2017
    Detoxical likes this.
  2. Staperto

Staperto Member

ok i have 3points i need to be clear here:
    1 excelent ideia on this, i like events and i call for them so ther we go, excellent
    2 "Deaths
    All deaths are permanent. If you delete your character, all your stats will be reset and you will have to start over on a new character."
    explain me that.. so iff i delet the char i lose my stats but i cant play again on hem, stats for rank? imagine a bad login and you die for zombies, your spwn go off and you die, or you are runing and the game crash and you die for some reason "player & zombies" what can i do? and i was 4exemple 2days from the end of the tournament i lose the chance to keep on moving... i know shiet happends but is unfair but some help on that cod be good.

3 and last, why we need GC's on rewards... take them out and put some like 300000Gds some day you will put premium servers and is not fair i buy premium with GC's i never pay for them and is cost for you when i do that... you will lose alot of money

3. Lars

Hi @Staperto,

1. Thank you!
    2. If you get a bad login you can not die to zombies due to spawn protection. There is no way you can die unfairly. To explain further, if you die your rank will stay on the leaderboard, but once you delete your character your rank is gone.
    3. We will never implement premium servers, and are not looking to earn any money. GC is and will always be for cosmetics, clan slots and character skins only.

4. Staperto

Staperto Member

ok all clear but you need money 500is alot

5. Lars

Everything is still subject to change, this will be our first season and we will learn from all the feedback we get :)

6. meiky

meiky Member

nice work

Lars likes this.
  7. inflex

inflex New Member

So basically, what I'm reading is - today at 8pm CET tournament servers are starting off - and our characters will last for 2 weeks and 2 days (unless they die, then we create new ones) ?
    Thanks

EDIT: While I'm at, I do like the tournament idea although I think 2 weeks is too long :)

8. Lars

Correct. Season 1 is still experimental and we will learn from all the feedback we get to make season 2 even better.

9. Gotem

Gotem New Member

I downloaded the game today so I am a new player on this emu, is teaming up allowed in tournament mode?

10. Lars

Of course, but clans are disabled so you can't see any tags. Welcome :)!

11. Lapsis

Lapsis New Member

I got a question:

when the tournament ends what happens to the left over charachters and the loot they found? Is there a possibility to get them in my GI or will I lose them forever? I found some pretty rare stuff and most of all many many meds and ammo of course.

Just asking...

12. Lars

They will be transferred into normal characters, so you can play on normal servers and use your global inventory.

Lapsis likes this.